Monday, November 5, 2007

Success!

Yes! Great news! Yesterday guess what I was able to wear...a pencil skirt! With significant ease, I might add. I tried to wear this skirt a few weeks ago and I looked like I was wearing a sausage casing. I know that I just had a baby, but still - being able to zip up that baby yesterday with no problem felt SO great! I was one hot mommy. Look out world, some toned thighs and buttocks are coming your way!

Today was a fabulous day at the track. I actually ran an entire lap! I have been running half laps, but I was feeling so great today that I was actually smiling while I was running while telling myself, "C'mon, keep going, you can do this!". Once I slowed to a walk, I could tell that I was tired, but I felt so good! I kept up the running here and there to keep my heart rate up. There are stairs on the side of the track that lead up to the bleachers, so during the last 3 laps (I did 10) I would run up and down those stairs, 2 at a time. Will I be feeling that tomorrow? You betcha. But the turkey trot is vastly approaching and I certainly don't want my sister to leave me in the dust!

4 Comments:

The Bastian's said...

WOW!! I am so proud of you! You are almost inspiring me to keep a fitness track of my own, but alas-little too embarrased. I know that feeling though, where you are starting to see the results and realizing how happy you are working out. Awesome!! You are going to do such a good job at that race.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Nice work- keep it up. I HATE the stadium runs. I do those with a friend of mine a couple times/month, and I hate every second. You WILL feel it tomorrow!

Kateastrophe said...

Look at you go! Bravo!

I haven't cheated on my new diet once this week, so hopefully I'll have a similar clothing story soon!

Sara said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!