Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sweating rocks

My sister is in town for the 5k (Oh, and Thanksgiving), so yesterday morning we met at the track for some running. Some serious running. It was so much fun having someone to run with! Having her there made me want to push harder to keep up with her. She was like my personal coach next to me the whole time, cheering me on. She showed me some awesome stretches before we started and they helped out a lot - I'm going to take some pictures of them and post them here, your muscles will thank me later! I ran longer than I ever have - almost 3 laps without stopping! Hey now, that's impressive. Andrea also told me that I was running a little fast, so it's nice to know that I can slow it down and keep a more even pace. We were keeping a steady stride and then really bolted the last 1/4 of the lap and OW. We walked around twice to cool down and I was really focusing on not collapsing. I was exhausted, but it felt SO good. It's crazy when you work so hard and sweat in the most random places - your collarbone, your ankles, etc. We stretched out and headed home.


Later in the day we went shopping with my Mom and I purchased some new running shoes. They are so sweet! Mmm, and so comfy. I also bought a fleece hoodie to keep myself warm tomorrow morning. Luckily, it hasn't been as cold as I thought it would be, but it's still uber chilly. Hopefully once the race starts I'll warm up quickly!

Well kids, this is it - tomorrow I run my first 5k (oh, and did I mention that it's longer that 3 miles? Yeah, make that 4...oh dear). I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post them here. Wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

Kateastrophe said...

You are going to do SO GREAT!! You should probably call me when you get a chance tomorrow to tell me all about it!

I need new running shoes . . .

LOVE YOU!

The Bastian's said...

Jewels, Good Luck! I think you are going to do GREAT! I wish that I could be there to cheer you on! I will be thinking about you!
Happy Thanksgiving!