Friday, November 23, 2007

Awwwwwww Yeah!!

What up, baby! I ran 4 miles yesterday! Word! As you all know, with Thanksgiving comes the annual Turkey Trot (this year was the 25th anniversary!). I got up early and layered up before going up to my parents house to pick up Andrea and Rich. The temperature? 23 degrees. We got registered and sat in the car with the heater on full blast waiting for the race to start. Hannah met up with us and we were all jumping around in the cold to prevent hypothermia. It was SO cold! Brr, I'm getting chilly just thinking about it. Here we are before the race...

Hannah and I showcasing our enthusiasm at the starting line...
and we're off!
The race began and we started trotting slowly. I heated up pretty quick which made the running bearable, but on one section of the course there was an extremely icy headwind - whew! I crossed the finish line in 50 minutes which isn't great, but hey - it was my first time and I'm pretty proud of that!
It was fun doing it with Andrea and Rich, and Hannah did an awesome job! I don't know that I will do that run next year, but it was fun. Now I just have to commit to doing a triatholon in April with the girls in Vegas...we'll talk about that later. What I can tell you is that I'm going to keep at it - all this fitness goodness. I started up so I could do this race and I DID IT! I wasn't sore this morning (thanks to lots of stretching) and I love that I can feel myself getting stronger. Who wants to join me at the track next week for some laps? Ready Steady Fit!

0 Comments: