Thursday, November 15, 2007

Montage

I went to the track today and as I ran and walked, I began wishing. Wishing that my life was more like a montage - I wish I could listen to one song and watch myself running, working out, laughing with some friends over shakes, sweating at the track, measuring my hips and cheering with delight when I realize that I'm getting trimmer. Then at the end of the song, I'm all fit and toned. No? Not possible? Ugh. At least I can wish.

Tuesday felt great - I could tell that my body was still getting over being a little sick, but I pushed it and it felt great! Today I felt more like I was in a slump. Kinda sluggish, it felt like I had to work harder today just to finish a lap. I still ran a bunch and did stairs, but man...I was beat when I finished! Saturday I'm going back and I think Hannah is planning to join me! That will be fun to go together - we can motivate each other. I talked to my sister and she suggested that I really push it on Saturday - just run the crap out of myself. Then I can go to the track on Tuesday and take it a little easier and be ready to go for the gold on Thursday for the 5k.

Speaking of - I'm getting super nervous. I'm not worried about the run or finishing or what have you (I've already told my sister that she'll probably have to wait for me at the finish line...), but the weather? Brr. It might be 20 degrees that morning...maybe. If I could run in a hot tub, we wouldn't have a problem, but I'm not totally stoked about sucking in arctic air. I know once I get started that I'll warm up and it will be fine, but just the thought of the chilliness....

1 Comment:

HaLaine said...

Where is this thursday Turkey trot anyhoo? We should...ahem...run it together. By run I mean...um, now and again.