Sunday, November 18, 2007

Da Home Stretch

I can't believe that the 5k is almost here!! Yikes, I'm starting to get freaked out. And lets figure this out - I mean, it's what, 3 miles? What am I worried about! I have done that many times at the track and I know I can do it. I know I can. Maybe I'm getting scared because I don't want to slow my brother and sister down. Or maybe it's because there's a good chance we'll be running through a snowstorm. Well, whatever the reason I'm feeling a little nervous. But run I must! And run I will.

You have to realize that I have never done anything like this in my life. I think the last time I even ran in some sort of event was for my Presidential Physical Fitness award in Elementary School. Cody is Mr. Iron Man and is used to stuff like this...me? Not so much.

I'm off to the track tomorrow - I wasn't able to get there on Saturday, so tomorrow I'll be working myself to death - pushing hard. Wednesday I'll take it a little easier and Thursday? Well...we all know what Thursday will bring.

4 Comments:

Andrea said...

Yer gonna rock it. I'm bringing you extra cold weather gear and you'll be warmer than you think. And that feeling later in the day when you have it all behind you?? It will be worth it. I'm excited to do this milestone with you (and actually, more like "4" milestones.... don't be scared).

HaLaine said...

DUDE. I'm so there...that way if the bro and sis ARE bored with how slow we are running, you won't be left behind.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

So proud of you...can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Sara said...

GOOD LUCK! You are going to smoke that turkey trot!