Monday, November 12, 2007

On the mend

Where have I been? Good Heavens, I swear I won't abandon this blog for that long again! This weekend was filled with social activities and late nights, which led to me feeling like crap for most of the weekend. Puffy, sore throat when I woke up and an achy feeling in my weak little body. I wasn't able to make it to the track, but I did 'stairs' at my house to keep in some kind of routine.

I know, I know - it's my own fault that I got a little sickies, but I'm feeling muchos better and I'm heading back to the track tomorrow morning! As my sister kindly reminded me, I have 10 days until I am to run (um...more like run some, walk lots) a 5 k! Oh dear...scary. But never fear! I shall attack and conquer! I am also excited to get to the track tomorrow because of the following reasons:

1 - I am going to try and run...and run...and run...no more stopping after just one lap, especially if I think I can run longer! I am going to really push it tomorrow. I mean, I'll push carefully since I just got done with a minor sickies, but a push is a push...

2 - I purchased some leggings online and I can't wait to try them out tomorrow! I'm not going to lie, they'll probably help my performance immensely.

3 - I have some songs that I have added to my fit playlist and want to listen to whilst running:
"I don't wanna be in love" by Good Charlotte. I am loving this song right now - it has an 80's edge and I SO dig it. I just might run with a lace glove on one hand tomorrow...
"Sleep" and "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance. Grr, very grr.
"More than a feeling" by Boston. A classic! So uppity, I feel giddy every time I hear it.
"The War" by Angels & Airwaves. Truth be told, I love to listen to most of their songs when I run. They tend to be mellow, but they're great.

Before I sign off, I have a thought and I'd like you to tell me what you think about the matter - when I get to the track, I always walk/run in a counter-clockwise direction, just like everybody else. However, do you think I need to go the opposite direction sometimes? Like, is my body going to be lopsided? Huge right leg, shriveled left leg...lop lop lop.

1 Comment:

Kateastrophe said...

You're funny. Lop lop lop. Hehehe.

No you won't be lopsided :D It's not like the track is super banked or something and one leg has to work harder.

Good luck pushing it! You'll love the results even though it will probably SUCK while you're doing it.