Monday, November 26, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Or should I say, back in the sneakers? Tomorrow I am back at the track! I have mixed feelings, you see - while I am excited to get back at it, I'm dreading the fact that I will be regretting my poor eating habits this Holiday weekend all too soon. Turkey, pie, mashed potatoes, more pie, and those freaking delicious sugar cookies Cody and I made the other night. Devil - I have lots of work to do.

I am planning on that Vegas Tri with my friends in April. I talked to my brother-in-law Scott about it this weekend and he gave me some pointers on how to get ready for it. This is when it would be great if he and my sister lived close to me! The could be my little trainers. Now that I have committed to do this (Sara, did I officially tell you that I'm in? Well, if not - I'm in!), I must really dedicate myself to being 100% ready. Yikes! Every time I talk about it, I get a little nervous. I still can't I'm doing this - it's so not like me. But hey, neither was a 4 mile run and I did that, right? Turns out the impossible is achievable. So to prepare, not only will I be running at the track, but I will also be swimming and cycling. Hmm, anyone have a bike I can borrow?

2 Comments:

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

YAY- I can't wait!! Welcome to Divas Tri!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

ooh-too bad i just got back on my bike (hopefully for good this time!). you're always welcome to come ride at my house on my new trainer! booyah! my butt is already feeling tighter...