Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween trick?

I went to the track this morning. I wasn't feeling my usual wave of euphoria when I walked in. Everything seemed a bit...off. I walked over to my usual spot (where I stretch and leave my keys, etc.) and started to stretch and get pumped to run. I turn on my iPod...and nothing happens. I try again and realize that my battery is totally dead. No fair! I swear it was full just the other day! Hmm, perhaps there is a bit of Halloween trickery in the air? I sat there wondering what my work-out would be like without tunes. Lame, that much is certain. However, I don't let this little thing deter me and I start walking. I also realize that there are only two other people on the track this morning. Not bad! I'm feeling good, my muscles are warming up. Just as I round the corner, I see that there are a few guys repairing the huge metal door that closes off part of the track. I warily walk underneath them, hoping that a stray shard does not plant itself in my skull. I continued my work-out without injury and I did two miles today - running a 1/2 mile! Go me! It just felt so...weird today. Nobody was there, it was SO quiet, no one was practicing Volleyball or Basketball, pretty soon I was the only one walking the track...just a bit spooky. Lesson learned! Check iPod battery before leaving the house...and maybe toss some salt over my left shoulder before working out on Halloween!

3 Comments:

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Nice work. You did way more than I did! I walked from the elevator to my desk...

oh snap said...

I have arrived to the gym, to find a drained-shuffle as well. You win, 'cause I just left. Guilty.

Sara said...

I hate it when the batteries are drained it makes working out almost totally un-enjoyable. Good for you for sticking it out!