Thursday, October 18, 2007

Won't Power

I will admit that I am a sucker for fast food. It's just so easy! Running errands with the kids, it gets closer to nap time, I need to get some lunch for them...hmmm, there's a Wendy's on the way home - done. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I just got nuggets for Cache and went on my merry way, but no! The intoxicating smell of the salty fries is too much to resist and before I know what I'm doing, I blurt out, "...can I also get a #14 super extra ginormous sized with a soda?". As my sister told me last week, my fast food habit will be the hardest to break. But break it I will! Besides, it's not like I feel awesome after eating that crap, it's like a gut bomb. Ugh.

I heard something forever ago and it has always stayed with me - your body is only as good as the fuel you put in it. Now, we've all heard something similar to this, yes? I guarantee that me having no energy lately is due in large part to the fact that I am not giving my body the best fuel. I certainly don't intend to give up life's delicious pleasures, I don't think I would be too happy knowing I can't indulge in a treat now and then. The key is to enjoy goodies in moderation - something that will take some getting used to. See, I'm all kinds of supportive when my friends are watching what they eat - I give great advice suggesting that they keep fresh fruit and bottled water on hand so it's easy to eat. Of course, my mouth is always full of donuts when I'm telling them this...What has been your vice? The biggest hurdle you have had to conquer when getting in shape? Junk food like myself? TV time?...Blogging?

I'm off to the track again tonight and I'm really looking forward to it! I can't wait to put in my ear buds, turn up my music and have some 'me' time. I'm going to run a little tonight, see how I do. If you're in the area, stop by the track and make sure I'm not passed out in a corner somewhere...

3 Comments:

Sara said...

Jewels! GOOD FOR YOU! I just started getting back in shape myself! Although my naked body is still frightening! But let's be honest- it'll always be that way without some medical interevention. Anyhoo, I wish I could go to that track with you! I'm oh so lonesome on my walk/jogs... But there is something super powerful about getting those ear buds in and working those thighs! and butt! and arms! and calves! and stomach! LOVVEEE YYYOOOOUUUU

Kateastrophe said...

OK seriously you are the funniest, wittiest person I know.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

I'm so proud of you. My biggest hurdle is actually going through with it. Once I get there ( the gym), I can do whatever, but I can come up with any number of reasons to do anything BUT the gym.