Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Welcome!

Fitness is in my future - I can feel it! I have created this Blog to track my progress in becoming a fit, healthy, sexy chick. That's right! I have never been big into working out or eating healthy (my Dr. Pepper addiction is no secret), but change is in the air, my friends. I hereby devote myself to becoming a stronger, healthier woman if it's the last thing I do!...and it very well may be the last think I do, since I'm such a weakling.

Today I went to the track and walked 2 miles. Sweet! I know, quite sad that I am so proud of such a small accomplishment, but for me? HUGE. I also created my own playlist of groovy tunes to listen to while I tone my muscles. Music is a must when working out, I've decided - it's the best. Tomorrow I plan on doing some Pilate's (if I can move my legs) and I'll hit the track again on Thursday. I must admit I was not super stoked about going to the track today. I sat in my car for a few minutes talking myself into it, but I felt SO GOOD afterwards! Again, it's not a big thing, but for someone like me this was quite an accomplishment.

Why this sudden decision to be fit? Well, for most of my life I've been able to skate by on good genes and metabolism. I've never really stuck to a work-out routine or had any desire to run a marathon, but I don't like being a softy. I want to be toned and strong and most of all healthy. I have the worst eating habits and I want to take care of my body. My sister also presented to me a challenge - to run a 5k with her the day after Thanksgiving. Still not so sure why I agreed to such a thing (guess that means I can't eat the entire apple pie, like last year), but it does motivate me to get into shape and I know the end result will be worth it. I'm almost 30, people! Shouldn't I spend the last two years of my 20's looking fantastic? No question. I've got two boys and I want to be able to wrestle with them...and win.

So here we go! Each week I will post a healthy recipe for you to try and a great work out song to burn unwanted calories to. Please feel free to leave a comment with exercise ideas, recipes and songs that work for you and we can share them with the world. Ready, steady, FIT!

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I have also decided to turn over a new leaf. I need to be careful though since I am prego. I too walk, I used to run, but it KILLED my knee's.

HaLaine said...

Holy cow. You must call me. If there is any possible way I can sneak out and go with you I totally will. I TOO want to get into shape and it's much better if you have someone else to get fit with!!!

Kateastrophe said...

Look at you go!

I too agreed to run a 5k, just not as soon as Thanksgiving!

Good luck with everything!

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

I'm with you! Sara and I are doing a triathlon in Vegas in April- want to join? We could all do it? Andrea can come, Sara? Kate? Hannah?

We could get Diva shirts- I'll even coordinate it. Who's with me!!!????

Andrea said...

You'll be a sexy mama in no time. Especially before you hit 30!
And, um, I love you but you are on your own if you do the Vegas Tri in April. You know me and swimming...
but it's a FAB idea because that means you'll need a BIKE!!!!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

cuteness. i wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. getting started is definitely the hardest part. if you need training advice, i am an avid runner (not right now, of course), so i'm sure i can help you out...

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh, and in light of my "situtaion" i definitley won't be using my bike in april, so it's all yours for the tri! now you have no excuses! i've even got some fabulous shorts to lend...

Beesley Family said...

Good for you, Jewels--and what a fantastic idea...I'm sure I'll be a fan--I'm always looking for new ideas to get me moving! Hey if Trent and I can run the 5K, you FOR SURE can!! It was a good challenge for us and it ended up being fun--Good Luck!