Saturday, May 3, 2008

...For Time

On Thursday Cody and I hit the gym.  The work out was to do as many sets of 10 pull ups and 10 thrusters in 20 minutes.  Since I am still a weakling, I only used the sand bar as for my Thrusters.  By about 12 minutes, I was SO ready to throw in the towel!  My legs were killing me - they were still sore from doing thrusters a few days before.  I have to say I did better than I thought I would - I was seriously considering giving up.  Just stopping and calling it quits.  But finish I did - I did 10 sets in 20 minutes.  Sweet!  And ugh, tiring.  But Cody did tell me that he is proud of me when we were driving home - that's all the motivation I need.


The eating thing?  Well, I still need to do better.  When Cody isn't home I eat like crap.  I mean, I'm still aware of what I'm doing and I'm not being stupid  - but I did have an entire bag of popcorn last night.  EW!  What the...?  It helps when Cody is home because he is so good about eating right.  I better get on board - I want to see some changes soon!

2 Comments:

Kelly said...

fun workout! as far as eating right, I have you tried out mypyramid.gov? the menu planner is fun to use cause it will tell you how many calories you'll eat...it's easy to use.

oh snap said...

Impressive efforts! Woot!