Friday, May 23, 2008

WORD

Today's work out went really well!  I must admit, I'm surprised by how addicted I am getting to Cross Fit.  I wasn't "anti" before, but I just wasn't excited about it.  Even when I got started I was a bit reluctant to get into it.  Now?  I dig it.  Yesterday I did a super tough work out that I wasn't sure I would even finish - but finish I did!  Here is what went down:

30 Push Ups
50 Sumo Dead Lift High Pulls
50 Dips
25 Jumping Pull Ups
20 Hand Stand Push Ups

...and I did it all in 13:10.  Not band, right?  What up.  Today I was back at the gym and did "Cindy" - this entailed 5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats as many times as possible in 20 minutes.  I did 9 rounds!  I surprised even myself with that one.   It was hard, not gonna lie - I was moaning during the last few reps, but it felt so good to finish it all!  

There were loads of people at the gym this morning which was so cool to see!  Funny thing - two guys that I went to High School with walked in the door and when we saw each other we were like, "....hey, wait a sec..."  Hilarious - TR Gourley and Kurt Jackson.  They did really well, I guess they've been coming for a while and we've just never been there at the same time.  

Tomorrow is the Cross Fit Games up in Midvale - Cody and I are heading up to check things out.  I'm really excited!  Also, Jason told me today that I should consider getting certified so I can help train...who would have thought that I would be down for something like that?  Do you think I'll get a whistle?  Oooh, I really want a whistle.

2 Comments:

The Bastian's said...

Just reading your post motivates me to get to the gym. You would be a GREAT trainer!!

Lisa/Scott said...

I had to check this blog out for curiosity's sake...and now I'm jealous because I really miss working out. That's been the hardest part of this pregnancy for me *sigh* I'll just live vicariously through you I guess.