Monday, April 21, 2008

Taking the Plunge - Round 3

My behavior as of late is inexcusable!  What in the WORLD have I been doing?  Oh, not working out, that's right.  I have slacked and avoided fitness - and I can't take it any more.  

The time is now - the time was then, but it's past then and it is now now and it's time to get my butt in gear.  No more excuses.  No more justifications.  No more, I tell you!  It's time to dive into the deep end and fight for the fitness.  

What does this mean, exactly?  This means that every day I will be doing some sort of work out.  Be it running at the track, swimming at the rec or sit ups at home, I WILL do something every day to work towards the figure I want.  I have a busy Summer coming up and I want to look great!  You would think that would be it's own reward, but I was recently enticed by a motivational idea my friend Tanya uses when she works out - each time she works out, she gives herself a dollar.  That's right - a dollar a day, that could be $30 a month that I can spend on whatever I want!  Which could be loads of Advil and IcyHot, depending how much my muscles hate me.

This also means that I need to fine tune my diet - see, remember how I was doing 'The Zone' with Cody?  Yeah, not so much any more.  He's still with it for the most part, but I lazed off months ago.  Regardless of what food plan I'm on, the point is I need to be more conscience of what I put into my body.  

This is it, friends.  I've had it.  I've reached my breaking point - I can't take the softness any more.  This is the 3rd time I've attempted to get myself healthy and by damn, I'm going to do it.  Ready.  Steady.  Fit.

0 Comments: